[Paraview] Velocity values at walls

Bastil2001 at yahoo.de Bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 7 17:20:29 EDT 2009

Andy Bauer schrieb:
> I'm guessing that the simulation is using no-slip boundary conditions
> (i.e. setting the velocity to be zero at walls).
Correct, yes
>   Are you sure that there should be non-zero velocity at the walls?
> Is there non-zero velocity elsewhere in the domain?
No there should not be non-zero velocity at walls. Zero is correct.
However in certain circumstances it may be interesting to get "pseudo"
velocities at walls - eg. to calculate surface streamlines or make
contour plots of velocity magnitude "directly at" the wall. Therefore I
want to interpolate some velocity values to the wall as other
postprocessors can do.