[Paraview] Widget plugin?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Jul 7 12:49:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have created a new type of widget (a "Slab" to clip with -- very
close to the Box but with slightly different look and interaction),
and have it working in ParaView (interspersed with and compiled along
with the PV CVS source).

I was looking through trying to figure out whether there was a way to
gather up my new source code and XML to create a plugin instead. Most
of it seems independent of the rest of the PV source, except for
pq3DWidget::createWidget() in which I had to add my new widgetType to
the list of test cases.

Is there any way of separating this out so I could compile my new
widget (and its representation, XML, UI panel, etc) as a PV plugin?

Thanks,
-Eric