[Paraview] mpirun error

Jim Montine jmontine at sgi.com
Wed Feb 25 15:29:47 EST 2009

Hi,

I am able to run pvserver on my Linux cluster and paraview (3.4.0) on my PC.  I am
able to connect to the server and I can calculate and display a contour (note, the server
has no gfx, so there is no remote rendering).

Next I tired:

mpirun -np pvserver

And again I can connect from paraview on the PC and calculate and display the contour.

However, when I now exit paraview, pvserver on the cluster displays the following message:

Client connection closed.
MPI: could not run executable (case #3)
MPI: No details available, no log files found
Killed

It only displays this as it exits.  I guess this means the server is not doing any
parallel work - is there a way to tell if the server is working correctly in parallel mode?

What might this problem be casued by?

Thanks