[Paraview] Changing the default volume mapper in Paraview?

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:27:40 EST 2009

I didn't add a new proxy definition for "OpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D".
Instead, I change the definition for "VolumeFixedPointRayCastMapper" to
something like that:
<SubProxy>
         <Proxy name="VolumeFixedPointRayCastMapper"
           proxygroup="mappers"
           proxyname="OpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D">
         </Proxy>
  </SubProxy>
It didn't work.
By now, I have tried to add a new proxy definition for
"OpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D", but I got the same error message. The
following is the XML proxy I wrote:
<SubProxy>
        <Proxy name="VolumeOpenGLTexture3DMapper"
          proxygroup="mappers"
          proxyname="OpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D">
        </Proxy>
        <ExposedProperties>
          <Property name="SampleDistance" />
        </ExposedProperties>
</SubProxy>
I am wondering if I understand you incorrect.
Also, I notice that in the vtkSMUniformGridVolumeRepresentationProxy.cxx
file (Servers/ServerManager/), between line 100~117, there are some code
specifically related to VolumeFixedPointRayCastMapper, do I need to change
these codes too?

Thanks very much for your help.

Biao

She, Biao