[Paraview] particletracer

Martin Uppman f04mu at student.lth.se
Mon Feb 16 02:36:39 EST 2009

Hi John,

the error messages about Multiblock Dataset is showing when I dont use a
temporal cache on my input. I tried using just a line source for seed
points and I dont get any errors about that. So the problem is: If I just
use particletracer on my input and line soure I get error saying Dataset
is Multiblock Dataset which is not required. If a use a temporal cache on
my input and then make a line source as seed points and connecting the two
using the particletracer, it gives error saying dataset is TemporalDataset
which is not required.
I dont have any idea have to come around this problem. Is there another
way to follow 3d flow in a good manner? I've tried streamtracer but dont
think you get a clear view.

ERROR: In
/Users/kitware/Berk/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx,
line 822
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x1ff6cd60): Input for connection index 0 on
input port index 1 for algorithm vtkTemporalStreamTracer(0x1ff6cdf0) is of
type vtkTemporalDataSet, but a vtkDataSet is required.

Cheers,

Martin Uppman