[Paraview] Why is PKdTree used for IMAGE Volume Rendering?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Feb 12 14:56:38 EST 2009

Kevin,

The KdTree is still built (using the partitions from the structured
dataset set itself -- hence isn't a very compute intensive task) just
in case it's needed to partition any unstructured data, hence you're
seeing the PKdTree progress. But I don't think that's where it is
hanging. Is the progress bar saying PKtree:100 ? It may actually have
frozen in the volume rendering code. Is it possible to attach a
debugger to any of the server processes and see where it's stuck
(provide the stack trace if possible)?

Utkarsh