[Paraview] [newbie] Animating time-series MFIX data

Mark S. Bentley mark at lunartech.org
Thu Feb 12 05:24:35 EST 2009

Hi all,

Please excuse my "newbie" question - I'm a new ParaVIEW user this week.
I have a time-series dataset generated from the MFIX CFD code that I
want to visualise. I have no problem loading and displaying the data.

I can generate an isosurface, for example, and animate such that the
isosurface value changes over time. But I cannot seem to animate over
the time series data (e.g. for a constant isosurface value).

For example if I change the Time Step slider in the Object Inspector and
apply, the view updates to reflect the data at that time step. However
if I add an animation track (Cell Arrays) the display does not update
during the anim.

Hopefully this is a simple newbie question :) Thanks in advance for your
help,

Regards,

Mark