[Paraview] Losing data when clip multi-block

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Feb 6 09:09:04 EST 2009

Hey Utkarsh,

No, I've never seen the clip lose data on one dataset by itself.

The other interesting thing is that I can't always get this data loss
to happen if the data was generated as part of a source from the
Sources menu. It's much more likely to disappear when the data was
generated by a filter or brought in by a reader.

For example, if you generate a Box and a Wavelet source, grouping and
clipping them won't lose any data, but if you run Generate IDs on one
of them, then select GenerateIds1 second before grouping, then clip,
the "Ids" point data disappears...

Thanks,
-Eric