[Paraview] Paraview on a tiled display

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Feb 3 17:06:49 EST 2009

This is just speculation, but it could be an issue with multiple processes opening windows on the same graphics card.  My guess is that a non display process is drawing a window in front of the display process.

I often run multiple processes on each node in our visualization cluster for desktop delivery.  I get around the problem of X windows on top of each other by using the --use-offscreen-rendering flag.  I don't know how that flag will behave in tile display mode.  Ideally, it will make all the rendering windows offscreen except for the display windows.  If you have to make changes to ParaView to get that to work, it seems reasonable to push those back into ParaView proper.

-Ken