[Paraview] Error when opening openFOAM case

Bill Rosemurgy brosemu at umich.edu
Fri Apr 24 11:31:38 EDT 2009

Hello ParaView gurus,

I've been having trouble for weeks getting ParaView to work. I've
finally gotten a build that loads and seems to work well until I try
to load an openFOAM casefile. In ParaView, I open the file
(casename.foam) and then it asks for a reader because the program
doesn't know how to read the file and then it crashes with this
message in the terminal.

/Volumes/openFOAM/ThirdParty/ParaView3.5 ->
bin/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS/paraview
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_create
Abort trap

The source was obtained from the cvs repository last night and it was
built with MPI turned off. I'm on an Intel Mac running OS X 10.5
trying to use ParaView to visualize openFOAM results.

Any help would be very appreciated, I really want to get this working
on my Mac (instead of giving in and using Linux...)

Thanks!
Bill