[Paraview] Line Source and 3D widgets

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:58:31 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I want to mimic the Line Source of Paraview. So I ran into the XML in order
to understand how the 3D widget is created, the one that makes available a
picker through the 'P' key. Unfortunately, I didn't understand...

1- In sources.xml, I found a "LineSource" proxy description in the sources
ProxyGroup, with label "Line" that match with the one available under the
sources menu of Paraview.
2- In utilities.xml, I found another "LineSource" proxy, but with label
"Line Source" in the extended_sources ProxyGroup.

The XML looks very usual, with DoubleVectorProperty for each point and an
IntVectorProperty for the output line resolution, except the PropertyGroup.
I didn't find in the paraview book the explanation of this <Hint>

My questions are:
- What is the difference?
- What are the keyword in these XML descriptions that activate the 3D
widget?
- Is the PropertyGroup involved in the interaction mecanism?

Thank you all,

Jerome