[Paraview] Bug in Slice representation or in my XML ?

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:29:58 EDT 2009

Hi Jean,

- I was aware of the missing scalars->SetName("blabla") instruction. I think
I have to post it on the VTK mailing list: I find it terrible to have to
derived a VTK class like vtkImageGaussianSource to a
vtkPVImageGaussianSource, to give a CMakeList with cxx code, for the only
purpose to overload one function and to add one line. I do that by now!!
I proposed the ImageMagnitude hack in order to produce only an XML that will
expose the VTK classes without compilation.

Question to developers would be: Has ParaView to be less restrictived about
existenz of Point/Cell Data name, or has VTK to be more strict about setting
a name, in all cases, to data?

- Today I am working on a Windows XP computer. And yes, you are right, I
cannot reproduce the bug. My Fedora looks problematic then. I will wait
until may, for Fedora 11. New system, new libs, maybe new behaviours?

Many thanks for your time!

Jerome