[Paraview] questions concerning axes and python...

Michael Müller Michael.Mueller at ivd.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Apr 15 12:22:19 EDT 2009

I have some questions concerning the tuning of the CubeAxesRepresentation(). I get the attached pngs using my script, which is looking something like that:

rv.CreateRenderView(CameraParallelProjection=1)
axes = sm.rendering.CubeAxesRepresentation(Input=icut, Color[0,0,0])
axes.TickLocation = 1
axes.XTitle = ""
axes.YTitle = ""
axes.ZTitle = ""
rv.Representations.append(axes)
rv.WriteImage(fname_out,"vtkPNGWriter",1)

1)  Is there a way to set the position of the labels for each axis? At the bottom, the numbers are above the axis and below the cut view. At the left the single-digit labels are on the left of the axis, while the double-digit labels are on the right of the axis and also below the cut view.
2)  Why are the major ticks on the left side missing?

I tried to change the FlyMode, but 1, 2, and 3 give the same result. With FlyMode 0, on the left all the labels are visible but still too close to the cut view, and the major ticks are still missing. If I switch to 'TickLocation = 0', then for all FlyModes there is the same result (test-cut-inside.png) with the correct major ticks, but still the same label problems...

Thanks for any hints.

Michael