[Paraview] How to plot Surface StreamLines

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Apr 11 20:21:05 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

If you have an example dataset you can share, I would like to play
around a bit. The reason the streamlines are terminating prematurely
is because streamlines are leaving the surface because of integration
inaccuracy. Making sure that all of the velocity values are tangential
to the surface would help but not necessarily fix the issue. What
needs to happen is a change in the algorithm that move the points back
to the surface when integration along the surface. I know someone who
has done this in the past. I'll check with him to see if he would
contribute his changes.

-berk