[Paraview] 32b vs 64b and Binary vs Ascii

Stephens, Michael M ERDC-ITL-MS Michael.M.Stephens at usace.army.mil
Tue Apr 7 10:14:51 EDT 2009

philippe,

you might be running into the same problem i had in that the vtu (or all XML
styled files) have a
problem in that all the contents (points, connectivity, data) must be shorter
than 2^31.
it's the way the thing is written... there's an "int" (or several) that needs
to be
a long int or long long int.

sounds like your grid is large or has a lots of data variables, either way
the XML format isn't capable of handling it presently.

it would be desirable for the XML writing codes to flag this and at least
give you a warning about this.

for what it's worth, i got around this by writing binary legacy vtk files.

-m