[Paraview] 32b vs 64b and Binary vs Ascii

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Apr 7 08:20:38 EDT 2009

What code are you using to write the .vtu files? Is it vtk code or is
it code that you wrote for your own simulation? It sounds like it
_might_ be incorrect values in the header parts of the velocity field.
I believe .vtu files are ascii so you should be able to hand check the
values that are being saved into the file with what you think you
should be writing.

    Also on the off chance that your simulation is using either
threads or MPI or something where it is distributed are you locking
the section of code where the writing is performed? Possibly sounds
like 2 processes maybe accessing and writing to the areas of memory as
the same ares is being written to disk.

  Just some thoughts.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net