[Paraview] extract surface of multiblock mesh

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees at usace.army.mil
Thu Apr 2 18:37:49 EDT 2009

I turned off the overlapping domain decomposition (ghost cells) for a
simple problem and the sequence

MergeBlocks->CleantoGrid->ExtractSurface->Clip

shows just the physical boundary of the problem (clipped open so you
can see inside). Also volume visualization and streamline calculation
works with no processor boundary artifacts.

 From what I understand, there are no filters in paraview or
abstractions in the XDMF data model  at this time that will allow
paraview to read in overlapping blocks and really make use of the
ghost cells correctly. For now truncating our output to only "owned"
elements will solve our problems. Thanks again for the help.

Chris