[Paraview] Stratified Sampling

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:38:47 EDT 2009

I would like to get something like stratified sampling:
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/academic/phd/597d/sample/<http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/%7Ediego/academic/phd/597d/sample/>

I have a mesh which has some fine detail that requires a high vertex density
and some coarse detail that requires a low vertex density. What I would like
to is achieve a uniform vertex density. If I do a subdivision, it will make
the fine detail even finer, which is completely un-necessary. What I want is
either to resample the coarse detail at the same resolution as the fine
detail and leave the fine detail alone. Or, I could specify a vertex spacing
and make the fine detail less fine and the coarse detail more fine. Does
that make sense? Does Paraview or VTK have any tools to do something like
this?

Thanks,

David