[Paraview] Simple Visualization

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:35:05 EDT 2008

> Try this: in the GUI filter the source or readers output through a
> calculator filter to add an array with a constant value. Then apply
> the Glyph filter and scale by the new array. Now save the output of
> the calculator as a VTK file and compare it with the original.

Alright, we'll get to the bottom of this.
This is a list of what I do (which is clearly NOT working).
(1) open the .VTK file I emailed you.
(2)click apply
(3) I cannot select the calculator filter right now in the GUI hence
(4) I apply a gliph filter and set the radius to 0.1
(5) I can now apply a calculator filter. I leave the defaults and
write 1 in the empty space before applying it
(6) nothing changes in the snapshot apart from the color
(7) select again gliph filter, set sphere to radius 0.1 and click
apply (In the "scalar" field I now read "Result", so I thought
Paraview somehow had info about the previous filter I had applied),
(8) Now everything is red and I have no idea of what I should do.

What am I doing wrong?
Regards

Lorenzo