[Paraview] Empty Lines in Screenshot

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 27 11:28:42 EDT 2008

That looks like a bug.  I submitted a report.

  http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=7858

I think the problem is with the fixed point volume renderer.  If your data
is small enough, you can work around the problem by converting the data to
an unstructured grid  That will cause the volume rendering algorithm to
switch to projected tetrahedra, which works in this regard.

-Ken

On 10/23/08 3:36 PM, "Kevin H. Hobbs" <hobbsk at ohiou.edu> wrote:

> I'm seeing empty lines in large screenshots.
>
> I've placed an example at:
> http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/empty_lines.png
>
> The lines aren't really empty they just have the background color.
>
> It seems to only happen when volume rendering.
>
> It seems to only happen when the snapshot is bigger than the render
> window.
>
> I can move the empty lines around by changing the size of the render
> window.
>
> This computer runs Fedora 8 x86_64.
>
> ParaView is from a nightly CVS build.
>
> Mesa is from a nightly git build.