[Paraview] python to change reader filename and animate AVS files

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Oct 18 12:48:50 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Robert Maynard
<robertjmaynard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to revisit that using the python threading module in para view
> causes serious problems, and would be a possible answer to the problem.

No it would not be. Server manager and the underlying rendering code
in VTK are not even close to being thread safe. What you are
suggesting would open a can of worms that would take man-months to
fix. I can't remember what the problem with the threads is but I am
glad it does not work :-)