[Paraview] python

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Oct 16 08:38:07 EDT 2008

> How do you connect to the paraview gui from an external python shell?
> when I type
>
>  servermanager.Connect()
>
> my active connection is always
>

> builtin:5
>

> The default connection when running the python shell
> from the paraview gui is always builtin::0

You can't connect to the paraview gui. You can only connect to
instances of pvserver. Currently, those accept one connection only. We
will be working on collaboration support that will enable both of the
above.

> Also,
> Is there a way to search the listserve archive? I can't seem to find a link
> for this.

There is an archive:
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/
and you can search it using google if you did
site:http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/ <search terms here>

Alternatively, you can use MarkMail: http://markmail.org
use
list:org.paraview.paraview <search terms here>

The MarkMail interface is excellent.

-berk