[Paraview] filter crashing when applied to a time series

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:11:14 EDT 2008

Hi!
Well, I use paraview 3.3.1 on windows xp. Debugging it with gdb I get the following error:

Program received signal SIGSEV, Segmentation fault.
0x63573e09 in vtkRectilinearGrid::Initialize (this=0xc2b8b90)
at C:/ParaviewSource/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkRectilinearGrid.cxx:95
95   this -> XCoordinates->UnRegister(this);

Tracing it, the filter is applied three times before I get the segmentation fault above, and I don´t understand why, I thought that once code works, it works forever.. ;-)
Just for information: My filter is a subclass of vtkRectilinearGridAlgorithm and it subtracts the horizontal average of the point data from the point data, so the structure of the input grid is passed directly to the output and I just do something with the associated point data.

Does anyone know how to avoid that segmentation fault?
thx,
NH