[Paraview] Using CSV data for 3D volume

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:33:27 EDT 2008

Hello

Two queries really.

Firstly, how does one get csv data to load in Paraview correctly, for example if it was representing a "data cloud" as XYZ for position and a variable (T) at that point? Is there an example file to test out available?

Secondly, and probably links to my previous comment, can a 3D volume be constructed from CSV data so that I can slice the volume, isosurface etc. Example file ?

At the moment I am trying to find the easiest method of getting data into Paraview for modelling, with the least effort.

All ideas welcome

Thanks

Lester