[Paraview] setting a point data array

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 07:06:07 EDT 2008

Hi!
I´m having trouble setting a point data array in my filter:

As I have to retrieve the point data with
input -> GetPointData() -> GetArray(0) -> GetData(0,numOfTuples,1,1,scalars);

I need something similiar to set the output data of my filter. I tried
output -> GetPointData() -> AddArray(new_scalars);
where new_scalars is a vtkDoubleArray, but this does not work, i.e the assignment fails and I get an error because there is no point Data for the output - how do I set the output correctly?

thx,
NH