[Paraview] String block labels stripped by Extract Block?

OSHIMA Takuya oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 29 23:51:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm so happy to see the string block labeling feature has been finally
added to the CVS head!

However I found a problem when I ran the Extract Block filter to a
vtkMultiBlockDataSet which has the block structure as shown by the
attached picture1.png (the Properties panel of the Extract Block
filter). In this case I expect to see the labels for the selected
blocks "roofEndWeb" and "internalField" after running the filter, but
in reality what I got was "roofEndWeb" and "1: Unstructured Grid" as
shown by picture2.png (the Information panel of the same filter). The
problem occurrs only when Prune Output is turned on.

My guess is that the line 232 of vtkExtractBlock.cxx

            clone->GetMetaData(index)->Copy(prunedBlock->GetMetaData(cc));

should be

            clone->GetMetaData(index)->Copy(prunedBlock->GetMetaData(static_cast
<unsigned int>(0)));

? (this worked for the case, but I'm not so sure.)

Takuya