[Paraview] Scalar data visualization with arrows

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Tue Apr 29 16:40:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, amayt wrote:

> Hi yuhl,
>
> Thank you so much for your reply.
>
> Actually I already tried Glyph, however I cannot change the
> orientation of arrow.  All arrows are shown parallel with the
> x-direction.  Once again, I'm gonna display the scalar data.  Do you
> know how I can change the orientation?

What is, in fact, the orientation you want? To change is you should have
some vector data attached. On way of doing it in paraview is to use
calculator to create the vectors and then use your data and this vectors
for changing the glyphs orientation.

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt