[Paraview] 2D Plotting

Herbert Mullens herbert.mullens at imts.us
Tue Apr 29 14:28:37 EDT 2008

I looked at the plot point over time filter, but I am not sure that actually gives me what I want.  Won't this plot the values of a particular point in my array over time?  Also, it gives me a plot with time as the X axis.

I can change the properties to make my graph have the proper axes by manually changing the properties, but to do what our client wants I have to be able to do it with code.  The data I am graphing is actually related to a three dimensional structure that they will be viewing.  The output of my reader will ultimately be one output of a multiple output reader.  They want to be able to have a graph that comes up when they open their other data set and animates as they step through the time steps of their data.  They will not be happy with the results if they have to manually adjust chart properties every time they open a data set.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Herb