[Paraview] Comparing datasets - taking a difference

Christof König Beatty konig at astr.ucl.ac.be
Thu Apr 24 06:16:43 EDT 2008

Thanks a lot for the tip, I wouldn't have figured that out. I had to
tweak a little, so here what works for me:

1) Use Calculator #0 to rename the variable from dataset #0
    (eg pick just 'h' with result array name 'h0')
2) Use Calculator #1 to rename the variable from dataset #1
    (eg 'h' to 'h1')
3) Use "Append Attributes" while having selected both Calculator #0
    and #1 to combine the output from 1) and 2). AppendAttributes1
    now contains 'h0', 'h1' as well as 'h' (which one?).
4) Use Calculator #2 on AppendAttributes1 to take difference (eg h1-h0).

Without introducing step 2) 'h' was still the one from dataset #0 but
that might be a Mac version variation. Like this it should always work.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

--
Christof Konig Beatty