[Paraview] Qt Assistant

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Apr 23 12:34:10 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 10:23:32 am Moreland, Kenneth wrote:
> That's a good feature request, but it sounds deceptively difficult to
> implement.  A plugin is encapsulated in a single shared object library, but
> Assistant expects documentation files.  How can the shared object library
> reliably point to the documentation files?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Qt 4.4 has a new QtHelp module, and it looks we might be able to add content
from plugins.  In that case, the assistant wouldn't be used anymore, and the
help viewer would be just another window in the application.  That would
allow for viewing html pages embedded in a plugin and things like that.  Or
it might be possible to create a wrapper that can dynamically create html
from server manager xml.

Clint