[Paraview] Question about making change of ParaView

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 22 08:50:34 EDT 2008

First, let me say that the GPL does not mean you cannot modify the Qt-dependent code.  It simply means that if you do, you have to conform to the GPL, which is different than ParaView's BSD license.  The ParaView Wiki has more details on the subject: http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III_and_Qt_licensing.

As far as what is covered under the Qt license, that is pretty much everything under the ParaView3/Qt directory and everything that depends on that (ParaView/Applications and a lot in ParaView/Plugins).  There is also some Qt-specific code in VTK that should be easy to identify.

The files that say "WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!" are those that are generated by CMake.  It means that CMake will write over it the next time you run cmake or possibly the next time you run make.  If you do an out-of-source build, you shouldn't see any of those in your source code.

-Ken