[Paraview] Determining reader handle from state file question

Mike Esler (Contractor) mike.esler.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Apr 21 17:47:43 EDT 2008

Greetings!

I'm trying to get the hang of Paraview and python scripting, and in
particular I'm trying to figure out how to write a script that will load
a state file and create an animation of all the timesteps in the
referenced data file.

My problem is that in the animation examples I see using
AnimateReader(), I need to pass it a reader handle, which I do not have
by default since I loaded from a state file.
 I can get the view with:
 view = servermanager.GetRenderView()
but how do I get the reader when I load from a state file?

Or am I completely missing something?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone would have.

Regards,
Mike