[Paraview] Questions about Paraview, renderserver and dataserver

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 21 13:12:29 EDT 2008

Recommendation number 1: 750,000 points is not really that large.  Rather than spend the time establishing a makeshift cluster, just load the data on your beefiest desktop and view it there.  I just created a 800,000 point data set on my laptop and it works reasonably well.

Recommendation number 2: If you insist on using client server, just use a single (multiprocess) pvserver instead of the dual pvrenderserver/pvdataserver.  See the discussion on the Wiki: http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Setting_up_a_ParaView_Server#pvserver_vs._pvrenderserver_and_pvdataserver

-Ken