[Paraview] computer locks up while saving screenshot or animation

Julian Cummings cummings at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 18 19:15:46 EDT 2008

Michael,

I read over the thread, and I assume you are referring to the glfinish
patch that adds a glFinish() call in the vtkOpenGLRenderWindow class
method DestroyHardwareOffScreenWindow().  I tried patching my cvs copy
of ParaView-3.3.0 (development) in this manner and recompiling this
code, but it did not seem to help with my problem.  One difference is
that I have a somewhat older Nvidia graphics card (6800 XT) than the
ones discussed in the thread.  I don't know if this matters or not.

Regards, Julian C.