[Paraview] Paraview first look - HELP!

Renan Leser leser21 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:34:26 EDT 2008

Hello!

I'm new around here, my name is Renan Leser de Medeiros, I'm a student from
UFRJ - Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I'm taking the Masters
Course on Civil Engineering, with emphasys on Scientific Visualization.

So, my "boss" here asked me to learn and to produce results with Paraview,
on a week!

I'm really desperate, because I'm working with rivers databases, with .DAT
extensions, but I can't get it working in Paraview.

Paraview do'nt open .DAT files, so I tryed to import using RAW (binary
files). But then, when I press aplly on the "parameters" bars, I can't see
the visualization. There's no geometry!

Can anybody help me?