[Paraview] convert a multi-block structured grid into a single unstructured block

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Apr 17 11:29:14 EDT 2008

I see, I have a similar problem with my Ensight files. In an older PV
version (2.2.1) it were possible since we could load a model
piece-by-piece and use the "append datasets" filter followed by "clean
to grid".

I still keep this version on my machine just to do some things that the
newer versions don't do yet. You could try to merge your file in
PV-2.2.1 and export in a VTK format for the newer version (but, I guess,
PV-3.x will load your merged data as a multi-block even having just one
piece of data, weird isn't it?).

Regards

Renato.