[Paraview] LAMMPS simulation output in Paraview

Dan Lussier dan.lussier at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 10:38:34 EDT 2008

I am a new user to Paraview so pardon me if I am asking an simple or
obvious question.

I am trying to visualize my output from a molecular dynamics
simulation using LAMMPS (http://lammps.sandia.gov) and I was
wondering if anyone has experience in bringing existing data from
LAMMPS over to a format Paraview can use, or has written a plugin for
LAMMPS/Paraview?

I have done some basic python scripting to convert my existing data
to legacy vtk files (ascii and binary) but it runs very slowly given
the amount of data I have to go through.

Also I was wondering if there were any suggestions on plug-ins for
Paraview specifically for working with the results from molecular/
atomistic simulations that typically do not have defined meshes as in
the case of traditional CFD.

Many thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan Lussier