[Paraview] Bug 0006714: pvbatch requires X server

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 10:50:31 EDT 2008

Kent/Iain,

Here's another patch (the earlier patch had a typo--my bad)

Make sure you follows these steps:

* Update ParaView to current CVS head. The patch is against the CVS
head. There are a few fixes/changes in the CVS that affect the behaviour.

* Then apply the patch

* Ensure that paraview is built with OS mesa

* Use the command line option "--use-offscreen-rendering". This option
must be specified before the python script name is provided as follows:
 > ./bin/pvbatch --use-offscreen-rendering test.py

Utkarsh