[Paraview] Reader Plugin for the CVS Version?

Alexander Wille alexander.wille at mytum.de
Thu Apr 10 04:36:10 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to write a simple reader to better understand what goes on inside
ParaView. I've completed its source code and am now trying to get it
integrated into the GUI they way it is described in "Extending ParaView"
and "Plugin HowTo" on the wiki pages.

Attached to this post you will find my source files. They compile without
error. Loading the plugin into ParaView does not add an entry to the file
types-combo box in the Open Dialog. It seems like something's wrong with my
XML or cmakelists.txt. What did I get wrong, where's my mistake?

Another question I would like to ask is how "Plot Over Time" would be done
with the current CVS version. Using "Extract Selection Over Time" gives me
multiple errors like "Failed to locate X array". My CVS build is from the last
weekend.

Best regards
Alex