[Paraview] Questions about ParaView examples

Kalpana K kalp1200 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 06:19:36 EDT 2008

Thanks for the idea, but i am kinda new to Paraview and visualization in general, I have checked out the PLOT3D information in wiki, how do I write my own plot3d file, right now, I only have a text file full with coordinates and the pressure values. The vtk file format looks easier to follow,any specific example of file in the VTKData/Paraview Data that I can go  through.

Robert Maynard <robertjmaynard at gmail.com> wrote:  You have two options you can write your own file reader in c++ or
python, or you can convert the data to an already known data format. If
you go the second path this pdf should be a small help
www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf

Kalpana K wrote:
> hi
> I am posting this again as there was no reply, but it would have been
> my fault, i had little understanding about my dataset then. Anyway, I
> now have a question regarding paraviews data format. I have a text
> file that consists on xyz points together with temperature, velocity
> and pressure points. I would like to know how do I convert it so that
> it is paraview readable. Any examples in the ParaView Data files that
> I can look into.
>

> Kalpana.K

> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Kalpana.K