[Paraview] libraries

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Tue Apr 8 05:25:23 EDT 2008

  Hi

  I've compiled in instaled paraview to /opt/something

  After make install paraview doesn't run. Basicaly it didn't find the
libraries. After ldd to the paraview binary I've noticed that:

  - in /opt/something dir it didn't find the libraries
  - in the compile dir the libraries were linked with a complete path to
that dir (like  /usr/src/paraview_linux/bin )

  I have add a line to ld.so.conf to add paraview libraries to the system
but that doesn't seem a good idea for the future. Any suggestions?

  greets,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt