[Paraview] Does servermanager.sources.TextSource Work?

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Apr 2 13:56:38 EDT 2008

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> There was a bug in vtkSMTextSourceRepresentationProxy. I've committed a
> fix to CVS (patch follows).

Thanks! After updating I find that everything now works, almost. I'm using

   pvbatch
   ParaView CVS
   Qt 4.3.4
   MPI version mvapich2-1.0
   Mesa 7.0.1
   CentOS 5

Of the 2 nodes one has access to an X server and the default window (300x300) was displayed. The other node has no X server and so it seemed to be the one that crashed.

=====================================
$ mpiexec -np 2 pvbatch cut.py
vtkPVDReader : [ ...........]
vtkPVDReader : [ ...........]

<STUFF REMOVED>

vtkPVTextSource : [ ...........]
vtkClientServerMoveData : [ ...........]
Process id: 1 >> ERROR: In /usr/local/packages/paraview/Edge/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 1425
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0xc1dae20): bad X server connection. DISPLAY=localhost:11.0

rank 1 in job 36  muir00.psc.edu_5050   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 1: killed by signal 9

Why is pvbatch trying to display windows? Is this controled by some cmake option?

TIA!
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center