[Paraview] I have some questions about paraview-dev

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 1 12:37:20 EDT 2008

The ParaView Guide contains some good information about both using and modifying ParaView.  If you plan to use or edit visualization components, you will probably also want The VTK User's Guide and The Visualization Toolkit textbook.  The ParaView Wiki, http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView, also has lots of good information.

I get the feeling you may be overextending yourself.  You may want to start with a simpler task than developing a whole new visualization system.  You may want to consider using Plugins or Python scripting, at least initially.  The ParaView Wiki has information on both.

-Ken