[Paraview] OSX PV3 server Crash on update

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Oct 11 08:20:55 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 07:50 -0400, Berk Geveci wrote:
> Are you getting any errors from the server? I want to know where it is
> crashing...
>
> -berk

All I get on the server side is output is:

	Connected to client
	Signal:10 info.si_errno:0(Unknown error: 0) si_code:1(BUS_ADRALN)
	Failing at addr:0x0
	*** End of error message ***
	^@8 additional processes aborted (not shown)

I get no core though I set ulimit -c unlimited.

I suddenly fear I'm abusing mpirun from openmpi. There is a mpiexec that
knows about the hosts assigned by the PBS scheduler. I got the same
result with one and four nodes so I _think_ the problem is somewhere
else.

I'm trying another MPI right now. There are several on this system
because it's a development cluster at the Ohio Supercomputer Center.