[Paraview] InitializeTcl failed/no $DISPLAY environment variableerrors (paraview on intel mac)

Jared Hawkins Jared.Hawkins at tufts.edu
Wed Feb 28 18:41:25 EST 2007

to all,

ok, so everything is working fine now.  this is probably an embarrassing
mistake (due to my inexperience with unix).

i didnt realize that paraview needed to be run from the x11 terminal.  i
had been trying to launch it from the normal terminal window.

once i realized this very stupid mistake, everything works great!!

thanks for all the suggestions that were sent

-jared