[Paraview] Blanking Structured Grid With Image

Bikash Agarwal agarwa4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:14:51 EST 2007

Hi All,

I was wondering what blanking a structured grid with an image means?? Is it
something like draping an image on a structured grid??

Also, I tried to intergrate the vtkBlankStructuredGridWithImage class into
paraview but it is giving me the error below. The filter takes in two inputs
- an unstructured grid and the image to use for blanking(vtkImageData). From
the class reference I found that GetBlankingInput() is the method to get the
blanking image. I have also copied my .pvsm and .xml files here.

I think I am making a mistake in calling the multiple inputs. Can anyone
help me identify the error?

Thanks

-bikash

ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /root/Project/ParaView-
2.6-Source/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx (966)
 vtkProcessModule (0xddc4130): Object type: vtkBlankStructuredGridWithImage,
could not find requested method: "SetBlankingInput"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing
Message 0 = Invoke
  Argument 0 = id_value {605}
  Argument 1 = string_value {SetBlankingInput}
  Argument 2 = id_value {490}
ErrorMessage end
ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /root/Project/ParaView-
2.6-Source/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx (968)
 vtkProcessModule (0xddc4130): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.
ErrorMessage end
Aborted

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
 <ProxyGroup name="filters">
   <SourceProxy name="BlankStructuredGridWithImage"
class="vtkBlankStructuredGridWithImage">
            <InputProperty
              name="Input"
              command="SetInputConnection">
                <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
                    <Group name="sources"/>
                    <Group name="filters"/>
                </ProxyGroupDomain>
                <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
                           <DataType value="vtkStructuredGrid"/>
                    </DataTypeDomain>
            </InputProperty>
            <InputProperty name="BlankingInput" command="SetBlankingInput"
clean_command="RemoveAllInputs" multiple_input="1">
                    <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
                        <Group name="sources"/>
                        <Group name="filters"/>
                    </ProxyGroupDomain>
                    <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
                           <DataType value="vtkImageData"/>
                    </DataTypeDomain>

</InputProperty>
   </SourceProxy>
 </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

<ModuleInterface>
 <ServerManagerFile name="BlankStructuredGridWithImage.pvsm"/>
<Module name="BlankStructuredGridWithImage"
    root_name="BlankStructuredGridWithImage"
    replace_input="0"
    menu_name="Blanking Image"
    module_type="Filter"
    long_help="BlankStructuredGridWithImage"
    short_help="BlankStructuredGridWithImage">
   <Filter class="vtkBlankStructuredGridWithImage">
     <Input name="BlankingInput" class="vtkImageData"/>
     <Input name="Input" class="vtkStructuredGrid"/>
   </Filter>
   <InputMenu trace_name="Input"
      property="Input"
      label="Input"
      help="Select the object to blanket"
      input_name="Input"
      initialize_with_current="0"/>
   <InputMenu trace_name="Input"
      property="Input"
      label="Input"
      help="Set the input image for this filter."
      input_name="BlankingInput"/>
 </Module>
</ModuleInterface>