[Paraview] home directory and open file

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 20 11:06:03 EST 2007

Hello paraviewers,

I have a question about default directories in paraview 2.4. I am running
in client server
mode. I notice that when I run the server (pvserver) as myself the default
directory
for opening files is my home directory on the server. This makes sense but for
reasons that I will not elaborate on I would like to be able to specify a
different
directory as the default. That is when I first try to read a file I would
like the menu to
open to directory /foo/paraview instead of /home/semeraro. Is there an
environment
variable I can set to make this happen? Is it even possible without
altering the source?

Regards,
Dave Semeraro