[Paraview] Anticipated animation problems

William Hunter willemjagter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:38:21 EST 2007

Dear List;

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the shear volume of different formats Paraview can
display...

I want to represent a bunch of 4D arrays (x, y, z, alpha) with unit (1x1x1)
cubes (I *have* to use cubes). Each cube represents a 3D coordinate in space
*and* it has an alpha value for transparency (0 = invisisble, 1 = solid).
It's actually the same array that changes with each iteration of a program,
some of the cubes (3D points) disappear and re-appear with each iteration.

I'd like to know:
(1) Is it possible to save this as a single file and view it as an
animation?
(2) If yes, what file format should I use?
(3) Is there perhaps another approach?

I'd really appreciate any help, Google was not my friend today.

Regards,
WH