[Paraview] No keyboard input on CentOS 5 (==Redhat Enterprise 5)

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 18 10:43:37 EDT 2007

SCIM is respawned by init.  I haven't taken the time to determine what
config file is responsible for that, since I can't do much about it
where I work anyway.  As far as I can tell, SCIM lets you change things
like keyboard layout and language on the fly.  It seems like the
KWWidgets interface doesn't like it at times.  But I'm betting that the
Qt interface in PV 3 doesn't have the problem.

While PV 3 will replace its predecessors soon, this little bug is kind
of a put-off for new users that don't know what's going on.  If someone
thinks its worth filing a bug report, I will.

-Sean