[Paraview] Scalars in Polydata

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Apr 17 15:23:20 EDT 2007

Hi Bikash,

Try using the Pick filter in ParaView. It allows you to pick either
cells or points with either a 3D coordinate ("World Point") or an id.
You should use the Cell pick type. On the Parameters tab, it will list
the cell and the points used by this cell as well as any point-centered
or cell-centered data attributes.

If you are picking with a 3D coordinate, you can interactively select
the point by either moving the point widget in the 3D scene or by
placing the mouse cursor over a particular location and pressing the 'P'
key.

- Amy